Friday, August 31, 2012

So much to pray about...

"Be cheerful no matter what; pray all the time; thank God no matter what happens. This is the way God want you who belong to Christ Jesus to live." 1 Thessalonians 5:16-18 MSG

Pray without ceasing. Something that I have been taught since childhood, and something that has always come very easily to me. I talk to God all the time, it's an open-ended conversation. It's something that Corey and I bonded over very early in our relationship. Recently, however, we have had two huge upcoming decisions impressed upon us that we have been praying about pretty fervently.

One: Children. Corey has the baby itch. And now that he has it, I'm a little apprehensive. I've wanted to be a mother my entire life. I know that's one of the reasons I'm on this earth - why else would I be known as "the baby whisperer"? Now it's real. It's possible, probable and wanted. There is a very good chance that within the year I will not be the only person in my body. Let me say that again so that you understand what I'm wrapping my noodle around: A WHOLE. DIFFERENT. NEW. PERSON... LIVING AND GROWING IN MY BODY! Ok, freakout aside, holy hannah, what a blessing to be in a place where we can even think about this.

So, yeah, we're praying about it. We want it in God's timing, knowing He will provide for us what we needs and that He wants to give us our hearts' desire.

Two: For quite a while, Corey has felt that he has the call on his life to be a pastor. It's not something he talks about all of the time, nor something he talks about with a lot of people, but something I've known for a long time. He and I were talking about him going back to school after I'm done and thinking of doing some research on which school he should attend online, and a few days later, a teacher at our church who has a definite prophetic gifting said very plainly, "You're going to be a pastor." Needless to say, sounds like that was a bit of a nudge from the Heavenly Father.

We met with a very trusted and wise man yesterday about what the process of becoming a pastor looks like to our church. Now we are praying about God's timing, scholarships, tuition reimbursement, majors, our current ministries, areas of pastoral care, chaplaincy and if the call is really on us to be a pastor and a pastor's wife. Of course, our plan is for Corey to finish out his career with the Patrol (hence the chaplaincy option), but it's nice to think and pray about what our lives will look like afer that.

I'm trying not to think too hard about either decision/blessing. Partly because I don't want my head to metaphorically explode, but mostly because I know God already has both of these handled, we just need to be patient (*heavy sigh*) and trust Him.



No comments:

Post a Comment