Sunday, August 19, 2012

How time flies...

Two years ago tonight, I recieved my first bit of communication from the man who would become my husband. For those who don't know, we met on Match.com via the Holy Spirit (that's a whole post in itself), so with him at work tonight, I went back into the archives of my inbox and read our exchanges. Then, I busted out my old iPhone 3Gs (which is now used as a trusty iPod) and read the first few weeks of our first text message exchanges.

I can't believe what a whirlwind that was! Everything felt so right and so ordained that neither of us knew how fast it was going. We were merely along for the ride, trusting in God's plans, praying, seeking to hear His voice and fasting when we couldn't hear it loud enough. Our third date was to my friend Holly's wedding, for which the theme was "Crazy Love". We started our own that night - the first time we held hands, our first slow dance and our first kiss - not to mention the start of our official courtship. It was about a week after that where we exchanged our first "I Love You"s and after many deep and prayerful conversations about commitment and marriage, two months later I had moved almost 1/2 way across the state to start making 'his house' into 'our house'.

Something both of us said in the first few days of knowing each other was that it felt like we had known one another for our entire lives. It's hard for me to think of my life before Corey was in it and I'm blessed to be building the rest of my life with him.

For as fast as these two years have gone, I'm really excited to see where the next two lead us.

No comments:

Post a Comment